Build A Drone Projects (The free build in USA only)

The annual build a drone project is a way to raise awareness and recruit volunteers.   We build drones for you based on the list of parts you select.  Since you will be purchasing 90% of the parts directly yourself, all we do is build it and test flight.  The other 10% cost will be reserved to cover solder, sandpaper, tape, velcro, locktite, servo leads, jumper cables, BEC, JST cable, masking tape, anti-vibration pads and custom battery adapter and lots of zip-ties.  All we ask is that you train, volunteer, recruit when the need arises.  You will be initiated into our unique squadron of volunteers.

To qualify, complete the volunteer form.  You must only be interested in video, photography and UAV.  We just build according to your specs.

DM-SAR X450 (nicknamed DM Apache) with Frsky Taranis radio transmitter

Synopsis: To build a fully loaded drone with GPS, Autopilot and Waypoints, so another Build A Drone project in action.  !

Equipment Selection Specification:
Aircraft: DM-SAR X450, DM Apache
DM-SAR X450 is the latest model from our Search And Rescue quad series.  This model carries a keychain camera build into the frame that you can remotely pitch from over 2 miles away, transmitting live video to the pilot.  Equipped with GPS, Barometric Sensor, external Compass with an On Screen Data capture board.  Nicknamed "The Apache" because its sidewinder bays - on the left the radio receiver/OSD and on the right the compass/GPS.  The power distribution is hidden in an enclosure in the lowest deck.  The legs uses the standard DJI design, which makes it easily replaceable, cost efficient and very strong.  The design passes the compassmot test way below the suggested minimum possible interference.

Aircraft Design Specification:

Apache Drone

Est. Cost

Alternate

Description

Where to Buy

Flight Controller

US$159.99

$89.99

3DR APM 2.6 onboard computer or Arduflyer

3DR or RcTimer

GPS & Compass

US$79.99

$39.99

3DR uBlox GPS with external compass or u-Blox CN06 Plus

3DR or RcTimer

Receiver

US$43.99

US$30.00

FrSky X8R 2.4G 16CH SBUS Smart Port Telemetry Receiver

BUY HERE

Frame Design Mod

US$91.97

US$0

DM-SAR 450 mm, carbon and fiberglass

Motors & ESCs

US$178.69

US$178.69

DJI 450 kit and basic frame (GLB)

Micro UBEC 3A / 5v US$3.84 US$3.84 UBEC for power supply, as Opto ESC has no Battery Eliminator Circuit BUY HERE

On Screen Display

US$18.03

US$18.03

MininOSDVirtual flight instrument panel with real-time data

BUY HERE

Video Transmitter

US $98.00

US $98.00

5.8G 400mW Video Audio A/V Transmitter Module

BUY HERE

Video Receiver

US$19.99

US$19.99

Video Audio A/V Receiver Module

BUY HERE

Zip Ties US$9.16 US$9.16 3*150mm Nylon 1000 self-locking zip ties

Telemetry

To buy

Telemetry Ground Module 915Mhz, real-time mission planning

Try RCTimer.com

Monitors or goggle

TBD

Drone ground station

Second Camera

TBD

High definition GoPro 3 or Boscam Cobra HD

BUY HERE

Blackbox

TBD

DVR to record flight data.  The Taranis also records flight data

Laptop

TBD

Personal computer for mission planner

Main battery

US$23.37

US$23.37

10 minutes flight time. 3 cells, 4000 mAh, 25c

BUY HERE (click wait 5 mins for $3 off)

Capabilities

Auto waypoints

allows you to map flight paths on computer for autopilot

Return to Launch

auto return to home using GPS, bail out! one switch

Circle

circle around by radius

Altitude Hold

stay on fixed altitude

Position Hold

stay on fixed position for vertical landing

Loiter

combination of position and altitude hold, hovering

Failsafe

auto return home when radio signal loss or battery low

Land

auto land

Simple

fly by compass

Simple GeoFence

user-defined box that if breached forces the copter to return

Follow Me

copter follow you as you walk around, like a "personal droid"

Camera stabilizer

build in gimbals, managed by flight controller

Flight Distance

stock range 3-5 miles

Ultrasonic Sensor

determine distance to an object - just like bats or dolphins do.

Applications

Brushfire assessment

Thermal camera

Radio System

One time investment

Transmitter

US$213.99

US$130

FrSky 2.4GHz ACCST Taranis X9D Transmitter.  Verbally speaks the distance, voltage, airspeed, altitude etc.  Our alternate is to get a Turnigy 9X or Devo 10

BUY TARANIS
BUY TURNIGY 9X



 

Drone Mission
 

Education | Projects | Services | Missions  | Home

2012 Copyright Drone Mission.
All rights Reserved. Read Privacy Policy.